The Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival was so hot on Saturday, April 22, that it felt like the surface of the sun for the majority of the day. However, that still didn’t stop the fashionistas from turning out.
While she didn’t plug her new song on iTunes this week, brands are big business at Coachella, and for some music fans, the corporate partnership tents were a place to chill, literally. If you wanted something less corporate, try buying a cactus in a beer bottle or a bag made out of suede chaps. We checked out the Vintage Market in the campground for the coolest finds.
Coachella itself has transformed a lot over the past decade. One of the things people always want to talk about is how much it costs to go to the festival, so we asked people how they afford to go to Coachella.
There was plenty to celebrate at Coachella on Saturday, including Record Store Day, and the Coachella record store even got its own share of limited edition goodies. Meanwhile, the March for Science had satellite marches around the country, including the campgrounds at Coachella. There was a guy dressed as Captain Planet.
Now, back to the music. Check out the photos of the performers we saw on Saturday (be sure to click through for Thundercat, because he and Roisin Murphy are having a battle for craziest hat at Coachella 2017).
Speaking of Thundercat, who brought out yacht rock superhero Michael McDonald last weekend, the eclectic bassist was joined by comedian, musician and “The Late Late Show” bandleader Reggie Watts on Saturday in the Mojave Tent. Thundercat also switched up his outfits for the second week, ditching his hat o’ pelts from weekend one for something Gwar would be more likely to wear on stage.
Bon Iver also had some special guests on Saturday, among them Bruce Hornsby and Jenny Lewis to join in on a cover of “The End of the Innocence,” which was a hit for Don Henley that Hornsby co-wrote.
Also among the surprises was a late night set by Skrillex at the Do Lab Saturday night while Lady Gaga played the main stage.
More stories, photos from Coachella 2017:
- Photos: See all of the Coachella vibes from Weekend 2
- What happened on Friday, Weekend 2
- Coachella 2017: This is the cool, weird stuff you can buy in the festival’s Vintage Market
- See a couple’s Coachella proposal
- Radiohead conquers Coachella’s second weekend
- Photos of Radiohead from Weekend 2
- Photos of the bands and their fans on Friday, Weekend 2
- Meet the young kids rocking out at the festival
- How ‘Amnesty Boxes’ keep drugs out and festivalgoers safe
- Live updates from Weekend 2
- 17 things to know about opening weekend
- Photos: What it actually looks like to be at Coachella’s opening weekend
- Here’s how the first Friday at Coachella went down
- Photos of the bands and their fans on Friday, Weekend 1
- Who wore it best (or worst)? Photos of festival fashion
- Everything you need to know about Saturday, Weekend 1
- Here’s what happened Sunday, Weekend 1
- Fans share their best, weirdest Coachella memories
Read more about Coachella 2017: Everything you need to know about Saturday, Weekend 2 This post was shared via Orange County Register’s RSS Feed. Mission Viejo Paper Shredding Company
Powered by WPeMatico