The countdown is underway for the Mission Viejo Library’s 20th Anniversary Celebration on Saturday, October 14.
This community celebration is from 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. and will feature a cornucopia of free programs for kids and adults along with giveaways. Famed “Fancy Nancy” children’s book illustrator Robin Priess Glasser will be on hand for the fun as well as “Drabble” comic strip creator Kevin Fagan.
Food trucks will sell tasty fare throughout the day, and a live outdoor performance by 80’z All-Stars will culminate the festivities. Beer and wine will be available during the concert. Bring low-back chairs or blankets for concert seating.
Here’s a schedule of activities:
- 11 a.m. – Join Jacque Nunez of the Juaneno Indian Tribe for Native American storytelling about native people and culture of this area.
- 11:30 a.m. – Meet Roxy, the library’s resident PAW read-a-thon therapy dog, and enjoy a group reading in the Storytime Room.
- 12-3 p.m. – Free train rides in the Civic Center parking lot.
- 1 p.m. – “Fancy Nancy” illustrator Robin Priess Glasser will delight young guests while revealing how she created Fancy Nancy’s unique style as well as Nancy Clancy’s detective look. Guests can purchase books and have them signed.
- 3 p.m. – Cartoonist Kevin Fagan will give a dynamic presentation in the Council Chamber. “Drabble” is an internationally syndicated comic strip that appears in about 200 newspapers. Kevin created the strip in 1979.
- 5-6:30 p.m. – 80z All-Stars rock band performs your favorite 80s tunes on stage. Bring chairs or blankets for grass seating.
- Daylong activities – Local community groups and booths with crafts and activities including a fossil dig, Maker Space, chess and more.
Free shuttle service will be available from the Norman P. Murray Community and Senior Center at 24932 Veterans Way to the Mission Viejo Library, 100 Civic Center. For more information, visit cmvl.org.
Powered by WPeMatico