Shania Twain started her inaugural performance at the Stagecoach Country Music Festival with fireworks and kept the explosiveness going all night Saturday with her headlining set that included new music.
And how was the personable diva going to celebrate after she left the stage? With a big bag of dill potato chips. Check out the photos of Twain performing at Stagecoach.
Before Twain brought down the house – or, more appropriately, field – there were parties going on all over the place. Stagecoach has a vibe all its own, from the RV campground to off-roading in the back of the festival. We chronicled some of the things that only happen at Stagecoach.
Another thing that was unique about Stagecoach 2017 was the crowd of thousands that celebrated Willie Nelson’s 84th birthday in the Palomino Tent. Nelson played his biggest hits and the send ended in an all-star jam that included a fair amount of the performers who played the stage earlier in the day, such as Jamey Johnson, John Doe and Margo Price. Oh, and then Neil Young showed up to jam on the harmonica after the crowd sang ‘Happy Birthday” to Nelson.
Oddly enough, Nelson wasn’t the only birthday boy on stage Saturday. Tommy James, of Tommy James and the Shondells, celebrated his 70th birthday with a set on the Palomino stage in the early evening. Packed with hits, the performance was a fun romp that opened with “Draggin’ the Line” and ended with a “Mony Mony” dance party. During the latter, James maneuvered his way off the stage to shake hands across the hay bale barrier with fans in the front row. Earlier in the performance, a glitch of some kind that seemingly involved an acoustic guitar led to James telling a knock knock joke and the crowd serenading him with “Happy Birthday.” Other highlights included “I Think We’re Alone Now” and “Crimson and Clover.”
More favorites from the Palomino Tent were the rollicking Margo Price as well as John Doe, the latter of whom dropped in a couple of songs from X into his early afternoon set.
Check out the photos of all the performers we caught on Saturday. Among them were the sassy Maren Morris and rising star Tucker Beathard.
And there was a little Hollywood magic happening at Stagecoach on Saturday. Between Willie Nelson and preceding act Jamey Johnson there was some filming going on with a fella named Bradley Cooper. The actor is helming the latest “A Star Is Born” remake. Cooper and Lady Gaga, who is starring in the remake, previously filmed in the area between weekends of the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival.
- These photos show you what it’s like to be at Stagecoach 2017
- How Shania Twain dominated the second day of Stagecoach
- See photos of Shania Twain’s headlining performance
- Photos of the performers and their fans on Saturday at Stagecoach
- Willie Nelson celebrated his 84th birthday at Stagecoach with Neil Young and more
- These are things you can only do at Stagecoach
- Tucker Beathard’s ready for the big time
- Photos of Dierks Bentley’s headlining performance
- Photos of the bands and their fans on Friday at Stagecoach
- Live updates from Stagecoach 2017
- 5 differences between the Stagecoach and Coachella festivals
- Bailey Bryan takes being the new kid at Stagecoacjh in stride
- Here’s how to get free swag at Stagecoach 2017
- Ditch Stagecoach’s Mane Stage for Willie Nelson, Jerry Lee Lewis and these other 8 acts
- How to listen to Stagecoach 2017 online
- Here’s when Shania Twain, Dierks Bentley and all of the other performers go on stage
- Dierks Bentley’s fired up to headline day 1 of Stagecoach
- Shania Twain’s Stagecoach set will debut new songs from first album in 15 years
- Stagecoach 2017 isn’t Kenny Chesney’s first rodeo
- How the Stagecoach Country Music Festival honors legends and upstarts
Read more about Stagecoach 2017: Shania Twain’s new music, Willie Nelson’s birthday and everything that happened Saturday This post was shared via Orange County Register’s RSS Feed. Mission Viejo Paper Shredding Company
Powered by WPeMatico